by Daniel McCullough
This gecko is a variation of one by Jeanine Von Essen which is on her CD Jeanine’s Stuff Volume 6. Requires three 160’s + eyes. 1. Start by inflating the yellow 160 leaving about 7 inches uninflated and make a pinch-twist.
2. Make a soft 2 1/2 inch bubble followed by two pinch-twists.
3. Place the eyes under the soft bubble and loop the 160 around the pinch-twist to complete the head.
4. Make two small bubbles and pinch-twist the second one.
5. Make another small bubble for the neck and twist it into the two pinch-twists behind the head.
6. Make a third bubble for the neck.
7. Twist the bubble around the pinch-twist to complete the neck.
8. Inflate a green 160 leaving 3 1/2 – 4 inches uninflated and make a pinch-twist.
9. Make a very small bubble and then a second small bubble.
10. Pinch-twist the second bubble.
11. Repeat the sequence three times again to complete one of the Gecko’s front feet.
12. Make a large bubble and a small bubble and pinch-twist it and then another large bubble to complete one side of the front legs.
13. Make the other front leg and then break off and tie the remaining balloon and save it for the body.
14. Twist the remaining green 160 around the pinch-twist in the yellow 160.
15. Inflate a second green 160 leaving 6 inches uninflated and make two pinch-twists.
16. Make another foot for the gecko which should start with two pinch-twists (as above) so that the foot is more right-angled.
17. Complete the leg and then make two pinch-twists.
18. Twist the 160 body balloon around the two pinch-twists Of the leg 160 and take the leg 160 up and down the length of the body 160 to create a 3 bubble body. Then place the front legs into position.
19. Complete the other rear leg and then take the yellow 160 and make a pinch-twist to secure the neck.
20. Twist lots of soft bubbles to go around the gecko’s body.